Wednesday 18 January 2012

Moderately surprised...

Many of you will know that for a long time now I've been a major contributor to the VMware community forum for Training and Certification, I'm currently "top of the table" on 5580 community points! I'm also a regular contributor and reader of the private Education areas that I get access to as a VCI that enables me to communicate with the folks at VMware about course materials and technical queries.

As of yesterday I became a VMware Communities Moderator, so now I have a Moderator badge against my forum profile to go with my vExpert badge! Moderators are elected twice a year, and whilst anyone can nominate themselves for election, I was nominated from within VMware and the existing moderators, so I was very surprised when I recieved an email inviting me to accept the role - thanks to those who nomintated an elected me :-)

Here's my profile on the community forums:
http://communities.vmware.com/people/scott28tt

Moderators are responsible for a number of different tasks on the forums, rather than copy and paste it all into this post, here's a list of the guidelines that I am now asked to follow:
http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-12287

I'm always happy to contribute to the VMware community in numerous ways, and now I have a new way of helping too!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Scott!
    Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Scott! And also remember that absolute power corrupts... absolutely! ;)

    ReplyDelete